The Equilibrium Horse Massage Pad was developed through clinical trials at Myerscough College, UK. The innovative design provides effective, affordable equine massage for horses and ponies.
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions – give your horse or pony a massage while you complete other yard tasks.
- Choose the intensity of the massage from 3 different programs.
- Lightweight and portable – take it with you wherever you go.
- Massage more and charge less with our high-performance battery & universal charger.
- No hassle returns or replacement if anything goes wrong in the first 2 years with our guarantee.
Includes 1 x Equilibrium Standard Massage Pad, 1 x Equilibrium Bag, 1 x Equilibrium Battery and 1 x International Charger.
What inspired this Equine Massage Pad?
The original Massage Pad which was created to help a successful ex-racehorse, who went through the retraining process after an impressive 71 races. Combined with the Equilibrium Magnetic Back Pad, Jack went on to pursue a new career in Endurance!
What are the benefits of massage for horses?
Massage is well known for its ‘feel good’ factor and has been shown to aid relaxation, and assist with the maintenance of healthy muscle and muscle function. Tension is often one of the most common reasons for poor performance. By increasing relaxation and improving back flexibility, the negative effects of tension can be reduced. A relaxed horse, with relaxed muscles, will move with fluidity and suppleness which is particularly important for competition horses performing dressage movements, and those jumping technical fences.
What is the material used within the Standard Massage Pad?
The Massage Pad is made up of polyurethane, or PU, with foam padding. The PU outer makes the product extremely hardwearing, but also hygienic – which is ideal if it is shared between many horses and ponies. It is resistant to water and grease, but also to fungus. This material paired with the padding also makes it comfortable for the horse.
Four massage motors are positioned in the target areas for horses and ponies. There are two either side of the wither and another two just behind the saddle area. The careful design of the massage pad then facilitates the spread of the massage along the back muscle.
You can use the horse Massage Pad before riding, after riding or on a day off! Here’s a few scenarios:
- Horses on box rest to maintain good circulation.
- After exercise to help support recovery.
- Before exercise as part of warm up.
- At a show after travelling to relax.
- On your horse or pony’s day off as general maintenance.
- Anytime as a reward.
How does the Standard Massage Pad work?
The control panel allows you to select low, medium or high settings and as a result, you can choose the intensity of the program to suit your pony. Each program runs through a cycle of three different types of massage – pulsing, vibration and stroking –to ensure all muscles are worked in different ways.
Choosing your setting:
- LOW for cool down after exercise, for a sensitive horse or to introduce the pad to your horse for the first time.
- MEDIUM to warm up the muscles prior to exercise or for general maintenance.
- HIGH if your horse prefers a more intense massage.
The massage pad will run for 30 minutes before turning itself off automatically however, you can manually turn it off sooner if needed.