This sweet itch rug helps protect your horse from insect and midge bites.
The Buster Sweet Itch is made from a 100% UV reflective and solid 1000D rip stop polyester, which means even the smallest midges cannot penetrate the surface. This makes the rug ideal as a preventative measure for horses who are susceptible to sweet itch or who are hypersensitive to insect bites or the sun’s harmful rays. Our fly rug materials are hand selected for their incredible durability and breathability, helping to keep your horse cool and protected in warm weather.
We have added antibacterial and anti-static polyester lining over the shoulder and neck, which helps to prevent rubbing and is comfortable against your horse’s skin. An integrated neck cover comes up over the ears to provide maximum coverage and our signature extra-high elasticated shoulder gusset allows for a greater range of movement at the shoulder. Secured with double locking Velcro neck cover straps, quick release chest clips, cross surcingle’s and a PVC coated tail strap. A must have summer sweet itch rug for extra sensitive horses.
Sweet Itch Rug – Key Features:
- 1000D triple woven rip stop polyester
- Breathable fabric
- Integrated neck cover and hood complete with fleece lined ear holes
- Double locking neck cover straps
- Neck cover lined with non-static, antibacterial and breathable polyester lining over mane
- Double lined over wither and shoulder with non-static, antibacterial polyester lining
- Anti-Static treated
- Quick release chest clips
- Extra high elasticated shoulder gusset (British design registration 4 010 772)
- Cross surcingle’s
- Supersize tail flap – double thickness
- Stainless steel hardware
- PVC coated tail strap
- Machine washable (30°), dry naturally